Thursday, January 3, 2013

Even Though It Hurts I Can't Slow Down

A few days ago I caught me muttering to myself (reassuringly, no less), "It's okay, it's okay, it's just life, it will pass."

So this really has to stop.

I have a lot of regrets. There are a lot of changes I wish I could make. Sometimes I am so bogged down by all these regrets that all I can think of is how I want to start over. But there is no starting over, there is only shutting down.

On the other hand, there are also a lot of things for which I am thankful. Things which may not have been part of my life if there had been the slightest deviation from what I did.

And so I realized, perhaps I should stop with all this self-inflicted misery, appreciate what I have right now, and then try my hardest to live better.

Being Pathetic Is A Choice

I'm just going to use Merriam-Webster's definition of pathetic: marked by sorrow or melancholy, or pitifully inferior or inadequate. Maybe you have every reason to be sorrowful, maybe you really are inferior and inadequate.

But you don't have to be that way. You don't have to feel that way, and you can strive to be less sucky. I will choose to be less (baby steps) pathetic.

Life Will Invariably Suck

Life sucks, is gonna suck, will suck forever.

You can distract yourself from the sheer suckiness of it through various diversions. Like entertainment, recreation, substances (chemical and Marxian).

Yes, previous paragraph existed solely for that.

Anyway, the point is, life sucks. And being unhappy will not reduce any of that. So it's time to accept the inevitable and just be happy despite it all. In other words, sadness changes nothing, so be happy. It is all very logical.

There Is Always A Way Out

There is. Some ways require more effort, some more time, some require more sweat, or more blood, some more altitude, some more prescriptions. But there is always a solution. Or a gas, or certain solids, or a whole lot of hard, rapidly approaching solid.

So chill and enjoy the ride. There is nothing so bad that won't go away, or alternatively, there is nothing as bad that will ultimately come. Either way, now is okay.

It really is okay, okay? It's just life, it will pass.

1 comments:

WEI JIE said...

We are here anyway. Why not make the best out of it right?